Worth $608 million in 2016, the automotive flooring market is on pace to grow even more in upcoming years. As interiors evolve, it’s important that carmakers understand how the industry’s trends impact the automotive flooring market and why smart adhesives are a good idea.
Importance of Automotive Flooring
Automotive flooring plays an important role in the following:
- Car floor protection
- Noise and vibration damping
- Friction and heat protection
How Industry Trends Impact Automotive Flooring
Societal and consumer pressures have caused the following industry trends to form:
- Enhanced automotive safety and durability
- Improved passenger experience and comfort levels
- Increased fuel efficiency
To address these trends, the flooring market has responded by manufacturing:
- Lightweight automotive flooring materials
- Customized carpeting solutions that offer enhanced comfort levels
- Special noise reduction mats
New Automotive Flooring Materials
In taking a closer look at the new materials that address industry trends, these include:
- Nylon: Combining strength and flexibility with lightweight properties, nylon is the most common type of flooring material.
- Polyurethane: Offering superior chemical and mechanical properties, polyurethane is a growing flooring material option and provides superior noise insulation capabilities.
- Polypropylene: Polypropylene possesses excellent material properties, chemical stability and lightweight functionality.
Smart Automotive Flooring Adhesives
As materials change, it’s important manufacturers use adhesives that can keep up. Bostik manufactures a range of load floor and trunk liner adhesives designed to be:
In addition to improving operational efficiencies and overall car durability, thee adhesives can reduce the amount of adhesive use, further saving manufacturers time and money. Furthermore, Bostik works directly with our customers and can custom formulated products to meet their specific needs. In this way, we are able to address their evolving needs. Click here to learn more about these smart solutions. You can also call 800-7-BOSTIK today.