Grand View Research cites that the global automotive adhesive tapes market is set to be worth $11.54 billion by 2024. This is due in large part to tape’s use in applications for:
- Noise and vibration dampening
- Electrical insulation
- Surface protection
Common automotive foam adhesive tapes in particular are known for high bond strength to a variety of materials. As a result, they are seeing increased demand due to:
- Sufficient bonding and fixing properties
Let’s take a look at qualities foam automotive adhesive tapes must possess:
- These automotive tapes must provide the capability of conforming to irregularities, bonding rigid surfaces even when there might be a slight mismatch.
- They need to have high peel adhesion, i.e., a 180° peel force to stainless steel of greater than 6 or 7 psi with a 15-minute dwell time when tested.
- Additionally, foam adhesive tapes for automotive applications must perform well for a relatively large variety of surface materials.
- These adhesives must also be water and solvent resistant.
Bostik’s innovations don’t just meet the needed qualities; they exceed them.
Additionally, our tape adhesives for the automotive industry possess an impressive range of characteristics that improve the safety and functionality of vehicles.
For more information on how our smart foam adhesive tape products in particular work well for weather stripping, decorative trim and name plate applications, call 800-7-BOSTIK today.