As global leisure boat sales continue to rise, estimated to be worth $51.37 billion by 2025, boat manufacturers are challenged to meet high output demands while also enhancing boat performance and aesthetics. Find out how silyl modified polymer (SMP) marine sealants can make the boat building process easier.
1. Little to No Pre-Treatment Needed
Unlike other options on the market, SMP marine bonding solutions do not require a primer for bonding. In addition to reducing time and labor costs, this capability decreases the likelihood of sealant failure that can stem from improper pre-treatment techniques.
Furthermore, primerless bonding helps streamline production processes. This makes it easier for manufacturers to meet high output boat building needs.
2. Multi-Purpose Capabilities
SMP solutions can function as both sealants and adhesives. Combining the advantages of both silicone and polyurethane technologies, their multi-purpose capabilities also simplify manufacturers’ technology needs. These products work well on many marine applications, such as:
- Above and below the water line
- General bonding and sealing
- Window bonding
3. Performance Reassurance
In addition to offering enhanced worker safety during assembly, SMP marine bonding solutions possess:
- High green strength, which means extremely good slump resistance
- High tack, which means suitability for parts that need to be moved right after installation
- Permanent elasticity, which means flexibility in various manufacturing and processing conditions
These capabilities further simplify boat building processes, giving manufacturers reassurance that these solutions will work within their requirements and existing processes.
For more information on how SMP solutions are the ideal choice for marine sealing and bonding applications, check out these other resources:
- How Smart Marine Window Bonding Reduces Your Costs, Improves Processes Overall
- Considerations to Make When Choosing Marine Sealants
To stay up to date on other marine news and bonding solutions, sign up for Bostik’s email list.